The Unbearable Banishment: A Good Day to Play

Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Good Day to Play

Two plays in 18 hours isn’t everybody’s idea of a good time, but it works for me. Zorro was enjoyable as long as they were singing and dancing. Have you ever watched someone play flamenco guitar up close? If I tried to play that fast I’d break my fingers. Some of the dialog was a bit stilted and unintentionally hilarious. The Female of the Species featured British national treasure Eileen Atkins and was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in quite a while. After the matinee, a long walk through a sunny London. How can I turn days like this into a money-making venture?

* * *

I’m watching Bob play Guitar Hero III. I know this is going to make me sound a bit behind the times but I’ve never seen anyone play Guitar Hero before. I’m not sure how I feel about it. It looks tough although not as tough as learning how to play a guitar. I guess that’s part of the appeal. Quick results.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our white trash renter neighbors used to play Guitar Hero at 11PM every night. And then Rob called the Mounties and they quit.

September 14, 2008 at 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loves me some guitar hero... and worse than playing it? i just watch. even worse? i play REAL guitars... Dear Bob is digging down to his trailer park roots with that shit... looking forward to seeing him play next time i'm in London!

September 14, 2008 at 1:29 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

annie & daisy: Bob finally convinced me to strap it on (Guitar Hero, that is) and I definitely see the appeal but I’m still not sold. We watched a Spanish guitar virtuoso the night before. That’s the stuff that dreams are made of, not this hunk of plastic.

September 14, 2008 at 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drink a case of budweiser first. it gets more fun... c'mon! you're from ohio! you can do it!

September 14, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home