The Unbearable Banishment: Thursday potpourri

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday potpourri

Me to 7-Year Old Daughter: "You've got to stop biting your nails!"

7-Year Old Daughter: "Okay! Seriously, if I do it again, I'll stick a rose with thorns down my throat."

* * *

3-Year Old Daughter: "Daddy what time is it?"

Me: "1:40"

3-Year Old Daughter: "Why?"

I hate 'why.' I can't wait until she grows out of the 'why' phase. It's maddening.

* * *

Random shots with my cheap-o cell phone camera. Both clickable.

This is my attempt at conceptual art. It's called Pant Leg, Favorite Pair of Shoes, Subway Platform Edge.



I know. You don't have to say it.

This is the interior of St. Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue next door to Saks Fifth Avenue with my cell camera set to "cloudy." The temple of Catholicism next to the temple of consumerism. Are they really so far apart?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This is my attempt at conceptual art"

you accomplished something remarkable. perhaps 4 square feet of a subway platform, with no visible "loogies". nice.

September 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger mapstew said...

Kids! And their view on life, eh!

Nice pic of St. Pat's.

September 24, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger tennysoneehemingway said...

Your camera phone has a 'cloudy' setting? God, are we in 1982 over here?

September 25, 2009 at 4:11 AM  
Anonymous nursemyra said...

Nicely shod

September 25, 2009 at 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you steal the bowling shoes from?
MT

September 25, 2009 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger A Free Man said...

I'm looking forward to the 'why' phase because I've been practising answers. But I imagine it will wear thin...

September 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger ~E said...

*ignoring the consumerism comment*

I've been in Saint Patrick's Cathedral. I go and light candles everytime I'm in the area.

Thanks for taking up the duty for me that one day! I kindly appreciate all the well wishes from your coast.

September 27, 2009 at 3:35 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

The why is only annoying because you don't really have an answer for it. If she were to ask why Bush was elected as a president the second time around, you'd probably have an answer for her.

September 28, 2009 at 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home