The Unbearable Banishment: New York's Finest puppies

Thursday, December 3, 2009

New York's Finest puppies

I was passing through Grand Central Station at 6:45 in the morning and stumbled across a photo session in progress. The New York City K9 corps were having their portrait taken. The dogs were astonishingly well behaved. I'll bet they can get real fierce real quick. These are cheap-o cell phone pics.


The nice officer on the end was shooting me a look so I pocketed my cell phone and moved on.


* * *

I called in "sick" yesterday (kak-kak. So sorry. kak. Can't make it in.) and went on a job interview. I'm looking for a better life. It wouldn't take much. The interview was in the morning and it went well. Afterwards, I went for a nice long run. Then I sat in a coffee shop and wrote some emails to friends and read the Times. In the evening I was able to have dinner with my family which is something that, thanks to Benevolent Dictators, Inc., hasn't occurred for many, many months. Why can't I live like that all the time? I don't think it's asking for too much.

* * *

Epilogue: Part of my last post was a rant directed at Eva Mendes for some idiotic comments she made while on a press junket for a movie. She takes herself a bit too seriously, in my estimation. Well, honey, let Brad Pitt school you. This is from a People Magazine article that ran a few months ago. He was asked about the difficulties of being an actor.

It's so tough being an actor. Sometimes they bring you coffee and sometimes it's cold. And sometimes you don't have a chair to sit on.

THAT'S how you do it. Class dismissed.

11 Comments:

Blogger Here In Franklin said...

I'd give anything for a new job...good luck on your search.

December 3, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous nuttycow said...

Good luck with the job hunt UB. I have no doubt you'll find something which a) challenges you and b) gives you a chance to spend some time with that lovely family of yours!

And how lovely are those dogs? Want to cuddle them all but know I'd get my ear bitten off. *sigh*

December 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Poindexter said...

I do wish you good luck in your search. Doing work that you feel good about makes all the difference in the world. Oh, and good decision on cutting the photo shoot short... :)

December 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger mapstew said...

Best of luck with the jobsearch. 'fingers crossed'!

December 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you got 'kak kak' a day to clear your 'kak' head... there are better times ahead. keep 'kak kak' trying to find them!

December 3, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

HIF: Are you looking? It's not going to fall into your lap. I tried that.

Nutty: And a big WELL DONE to you on your new job. What an exciting adventure! I'm jealous. The good kind. Not the nasty kind.

Point: Thanks a bunch. Work and family. Everything else is just kind of ephemeral.

Map: I could use some luck tossed over the pond, please.

Daisy: OH, you're FAKING. I know you're not really sick.

December 3, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Good luck on the job front from me too!

I have a great fondness for the K-9 Unit of the NYPD. For all k-9 units, actually. Those dogs are extraordinary. There are even K-9 trading cards floating around...

You know, I never liked Brad Pitt until I read this, and had a moment of really, really liking him.

December 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, definitely look for that new job. you need your life back.

and very cool mutt pics (okay, they're not 'mutts', but it was a term of endearment)

December 3, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck I will have a talk with mom tonight!

December 3, 2009 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger mapstew said...

Times are tough here too pal.

But , as I say , fingers crossed!

I am LITERALLY singing for our supper at the moment! (Thank fuck I am a good cook too!) You wouldn't believe what I can make a(classy) meal from! :¬)

December 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called in sick to work once too...of course I was running a fever of 102 and couldn't move for fear of limbs breaking off...but yeah. It wasn't much fun.

By the way, I'm loving the tree pic you sent me. It is now my holiday wallpaper on my celly... I miss NY in the holidays.

December 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home