The Unbearable Banishment: Night Shift

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Night Shift

I woke up at 2:30 a.m. this morning and never fell back to sleep. It doesn’t happen too often. Once in a while. I lay there in bed and tried to remember the name of every girl I ever kissed. I feel bad for those early ones who had to suffer though my clumsy slobbering. I remember there being a lot of begging on my part. I thought that you got a girl to kiss you through incessant begging and wearing down her resolve not to. It was quite some time until I realized that begging was not necessarily the best prelude to kissing someone. Imagine my surprise when I realized what the true nature of seduction involved. Those poor angels. Where are they now?

* * *

My friend J, another NYC exile, suggested that once the weather breaks and we have our first sunny, balmy day, we should call in sick to work, bring beach chairs into the city and plant them in Times Square to watch the world pass by. I love that idea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Lightness has some talent! Think it't time he quits the day job and becomes a f/t blogger.

April 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home