The Unbearable Banishment: A Startling Revelation

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Startling Revelation

A shocking article on the front page of today’s New York Times reveals that Gay Couples Find Marriage Is a Mixed Bag. You have GOT to be friggin’ KIDDING ME! Those blabbermouths at the Times! Okay, you caught us. We in the heterosexual community have conspired to keep this small but important detail regarding marriage from gay couples. Guess what? Marriage is a shitload of work. Here’s my favorite quote from the article by Jacob Venter, a 44-year-old child psychiatrist who recently married:

“Nothing turns out the way you imagine...”

Dear Gay Community: Please refrain from revealing your charming, innocent, cluelessness all over the front page of my Sunday paper. You caused me to do a spit-take with my coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

I reckon it wasn't the gay community writing the article. It was the NY Times, having a slow news day.

June 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Actually, I reckon the gay community can teach the straight community a thing or two about long-term relationships. Some members of my and Mrs. Wife's family could have used some lessons.

June 15, 2008 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home