The Unbearable Banishment: it's pet peeve saturday (again)!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

it's pet peeve saturday (again)!

I am re-posting this. After reading it, I thought it gave off a terrible stink and sounded bitchy so I deleted it. But Rob liked it and I trust his judgment.

* * *
Dear White People:

Please stop using the word “sweet" as a descriptor for things unrelated to taste. Cars, shirts, movies, electronic gadgets etc., are not sweet. Also, please stop inserting “like” into the middle of a sentence where it doesn’t belong. And don’t turn every sentence into a question, as in, “I was, like, calling my sorority sister?”

Dear Black People:

Please stop using the word “situation” to describe your circumstances. It’s time to retire it from your lexicon. Find a different descriptor. Use predicament. It contains the same number of syllables so it’ll be an easy transition. Also, please stop punctuating your sentences with, “ya know what I’m sayin’.” We know what you’re saying.

Thank you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's ok to bitch sometimes. sounds a little like pms to me, but you're not wrong...

May 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Beyatch! :)

May 3, 2009 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

I thought pms was strictly a female proclivity. So, what are you saying?

E: Dare I say it takes one to know one? NO! I will NOT say that.

May 3, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Stupid People,

Please stay at home. Thank you.

May 3, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear me,
Stop saying "do you know what I mean ?" after every sentence. Where has that even come from ?

May 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Jason Quinones said...

i've picked up a bad habit of saying "...but that's what i'm saying!!" during intense conversations or arguments.

i've been listening to to much carl pilkington.

May 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Blues said...

All I'm saying is: Word.

May 6, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home