The Unbearable Banishment: around the dial and into my head

Monday, July 27, 2009

around the dial and into my head

Monday morning. I get into my car, back it out of the driveway and turn the radio on.

click

…Palin stepped down as Governor of Alaska…

click

…with three gunshot wounds to the chest…

click

Longer than there’ve been fishes in the ocean
Higher than any bird ever flew
Longer than there’ve been stars up in the heavens
I’ve been in love with you.

BARF. click

…which makes nine out of 10 victories for the surging Yankees…

click

…with heavy downpours expected…


click

And then, seriously,

Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord...what time do you go to work? Do you drive to the train station? How long is the commute? (You have to understand just how foreign this is to me.)

July 27, 2009 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Barlinnie said...

Aye, but remember the bad oul days when you didnae have work to go to on a Monday morning pal?

Keep smiling, keep working.

July 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

A coworker noticed the humorously placed headlines:

"Michael Jackson to funeral to be held on whatever date."

And just underneath:

"UK and Australia to fight over Ashes"

If you don't know, "The Ashes" is the big UK / Australia cricket tournie. Good for a laugh!

July 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

HIF: I'm up at 5:15, showered and a bowl of Rice Krispies later, out the door by 5:35. It doesn't sound possible but it's absolutely true.

Jimmy: I haven't forgotten those days. This is not that great, but that was much worse.

Ellie: I get the Ashes reference! That's very funny!

July 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home