The Unbearable Banishment: Hellriders

Friday, March 2, 2012

Hellriders

It's March. Do you know what that means? That means we escaped winter unscathed. After two cataclysmic winters when we were pounded with one city-closing blizzard after another, we deserved the reprieve. Naturally, the kiddies were disappointed but I didn't mind one bit. That's how you can tell you've become an adult. Winter isn't fun anymore. We had exactly ONE snowfall. I suppose we can still get a late season surprise, but overall we got off easy.

It may have been only one snowfall, but we made the best of it. Please spare me your sarcastic witticisms regarding my camera skills. I know I fucked up the orientation. I was too busy concentrating on not dropping my iPhone and coming to a halt in a safe spot. Mush, indeed!


* * *

What the hell is this supposed to mean?


Japan week runs from the 1st through the 3rd? Have any of you been to Japan? Are the weeks there measured out in 72-hour increments? Advertising fail. I may walk over to Grand Central on my lunch hour to take this in. I have an affinity for Japan.

* * *

I turned off the word verification requirement in the comments section. Blogger has initiated a new WV system that I find both cumbersome and annoying. I wanted to save you, gentle reader, the hassle. But I reserve the right to reactivate it if I'm suddenly flooded with spam about hating American women.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Sid said...

Man totally thought you were headed for the bench. Also the little one's laugh! So cute.

March 2, 2012 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Excellent camera work! That's the best kind for a toboggan ride!!!! Love daughter's giggle at the end!

I suppose if you divide 72 hours by 8 hour work days, you'd get more than a week! Be interesting to see what you find out when you go there.

March 2, 2012 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Sid: You should hear the little one's scream. Not so cute.

Ponita: I'm am very, very angry with myself for screwing it up. Imagine how great that would have looked if it had been properly oriented! Grrrr.

March 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Sausage said...

Japan week!!
but Sausage strong....

March 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger savannah said...

LMBO!!!! ohmygawddddddd! she is too cute, but i swear, sugar, you are hilarious! xoxoxoxo

March 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM  
Anonymous dinahmow said...

That's a beautiful memory. And you've shared it with us.
Thank you.

March 2, 2012 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

SF: A play on words! Well done, sir.

Sav: You'll have to take the new grandkiddies sled riding.

dinah: If I had dropped my phone it would have been an entirely different memory.

March 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please.... I don't weigh that much

March 3, 2012 at 3:15 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

nurse: I said that because Daughter #1 was giving us a start-off push and complaining that I was too heavy. I *don't* weigh that much!!!

March 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM  
Anonymous daisyfae said...

"Mush"...

What a good day!

March 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger mapstew said...

THAT was fun!

(And now I know what you sound like. NOTHING like Janice from 'Friends'! Haha!) :¬)

March 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Here In Franklin said...

I've been to Japan. Ate sushi. Got nekkid at the onsen. Forgot to check on length of weeks.

March 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

daisy: Not bad for winter. Would trade it for a day on the beach in a flash.

map: Now you know why I don't post .wav files of me singing. I leave that to the professionals.

HIF: I had to Google onsen. Sign me up.

March 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Dolce said...

Just in case you hadn't realised, you make good kids. So very, very cute!

March 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Dolce: Thank you. It's a family recipe handed down from the old country. A little Italian. A little Irish. A dash of Polish. Simmer.

March 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

I just like Americans in general but I agree that WV was monstrous.
Loved the sleigh ride but my fantastic new computer so far has no sound!
All will be well when the Tim-man cometh!

March 5, 2012 at 6:01 AM  
Anonymous looby said...

I was sue you were going to crash into that thing at the end. That looked great fun. Can I have a go?

Thanks for turning the verification off (for the time being). I find captchas quite hard to solve, and there's something a bit weird about a robot asking you to prove you're not a robot.

March 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

Pat: I'm hoping to start a wave of protest against the evil captcha menace. I'll bet the U.S. invented those, too.

looby: Leave it to you to find the irony in all this. Well done, sir.

March 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home