The Unbearable Banishment: Iron Woman

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Iron Woman

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms. To Mrs. Wife: I apologize for not keeping my eyes open in the delivery room. Either time. That afternoon really seemed to belong to you and the girls, and I think I know what would have happened if I had peeked. I didn’t want to make it all about me and the immediate medical attention I would have required. My heart was in the right place.

We saw Iron Man so summer is officially underway. I don’t care what the temperature is, if I see a movie that cost $100M+ to make, it’s summer. It was fun and anyone who says otherwise needs to lighten up. I’m glad they made the effort to develop the characters, although the big fight sequence at the end between Iron Man and Crazy Jeff Bridges Robot looked an awful lot like RoboCop, which I hated. I was hoping that Crazy Jeff Bridges Robot would step on and squish Gwyneth Paltrow like a bug, but then I realized that it was only a movie and that she would, in reality, still be alive. Well, it would have been a visceral thrill, that’s for sure. They could have done that little favor for us. The CGI probably would have only cost another $10-20K and they could have easily paid for it by taking up a collection. I'd have kicked in. It would have been for a good cause.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home