The Unbearable Banishment: Miley Cyrus Disrupted My Morning Routine

Friday, July 18, 2008

Miley Cyrus Disrupted My Morning Routine

Morning is the best part of the day for me. I board my train at 6:00 a.m., meditate for a bit, read the New York Times and listen to Howard Stern. Once I get into the city I’ll either visit the gym, go to my diner and yuck it up with Miss Latino Spitfire or, if the weather is nice, I stroll over to beautiful Bryant Park, buy a cup of coffee from the java kiosk and bang out a blog entry or two on my laptop. It’s the only part of my day whereby I don’t have someone in my face asking for something. Perfect. After that, it’s all downhill.

It was another bright New York City morning, so I selected the Bryant Park option. Instead of the usual coffee-sippers, newspaper readers and early morning group Tai Chi Chuan session, I was greeted by this:


Miley Cyrus performed a free mini-concert in Bryant Park for Good Morning America. It was utter pandemonium. Psychotic parents camped out overnight on the surrounding sidewalks with their little girls! They wouldn’t have done that in “old” New York. In “old” New York, the denizens of Bryant Park would have torn the stage apart and sold it for scrap metal. How am I going to protect my daughters from this sort of pap? More importantly, I couldn’t get near my java kiosk, so Miley Cyrus owes me a cup of coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger mjp said...

Miley Cyrus is so 2007!

July 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger bob said...

I find Miley really disturbing .. almost as much so as Hannah. I saw her and daddy Billy Ray singing a love duet on Leno one night and the relationship seemed, well, unnatural.

Meditation --> Howard Stern ... why do I find that so amusing. From one extreme to the other.

July 19, 2008 at 5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you take your daughter to her first concert and there are marijuana leaves floating across the walls. 10 years later you can't remember if it was Incubus or 311

July 21, 2008 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home