The Unbearable Banishment: I've always depended on the kindness of strangers

Monday, August 22, 2011

I've always depended on the kindness of strangers

In the past 24-hours, since my last post, in addition to words of support both public and private, I've had no fewer than FOUR people (one in the UK, one in Australia and two in the U.S.) come forward and offer their copies of the Thunder Road chapbook in order to right the wrong perpetrated by the U.S. Post Office. In addition, I notified the Office of the U.S. Postal Inspector and the guy I spoke to (Me: "Where are you located?" Him: "All we're allowed to say is west of the Mississippi.") seems almost bizarrely enthusiastic about finding the book! As though it's his new reason for being!

It's enough to restore my faith in humankind. You people in the blogging ether are best. Thank you.

10 Comments:

Anonymous dinahmow said...

Well, I'm doing the happy dance! It's good the the Postal Inspector takes your side.

August 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tug at our heartstrings, dear boy... and your 8 year crusade is such a labor of love that WE want that perfect, happy ending.

thrilled that the friendship bridge has been found. and if this postal inspector finds the villain? we'll sing his praises as well!

August 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger LẌ said...

"west of the Mississippi"

Sort of like Hellmann's® / Best Foods®!!!

August 22, 2011 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

dina: I'm doing the relieved dance. I doubt the Inspector Clouseau will find the books but I appreciate his spirit.

daisy: It's about time the planet responded to my heartstrings. What took it so long?

lx: Or a super secret organization. That manufactures mayo.

August 23, 2011 at 6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how encouraging

August 23, 2011 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Out of bad comes good. I like that.

August 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous looby said...

The US Post Office must have some pretty frightening enemies if they're that cagey about where they're located!

August 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

nurse + pat: It's enough to give you hope, innit?

looby: It's all very cloak and dagger stuff. Quite dangerous.

August 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger savannah said...

yay! today is a good new day after all, sugar! xoxoxox

August 23, 2011 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Here In Franklin said...

Gotta love the Tennessee Williams reference.

August 24, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home