The Unbearable Banishment: "What does this button do?" "Don't touch tha...!"

Monday, January 16, 2012

"What does this button do?" "Don't touch tha...!"

I was passing through Times Square and saw these two dudes up on a crane fixing an LED billboard. Let's call them Moe and Curly.

"Hey Moe, what happens if I twist this dial?

"You imbecile! Are you trying to get us fired!



Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk. And what does this button do?


* * *

Apropos of nothing (perhaps because it's the dead of winter) here's a fantastic pic that Mrs. Wife took of the girls and I on the beach. She gets a big A+ for composition and color. Well done, you.


Here's a rare full frontal shot of us with a pumpkin. This was taken just a couple of weeks before the shit hit the fan. And now, all that angst is behind us. For now. See...all you have to do is ride it out. So simple!

11 Comments:

Anonymous daisyfae said...

aww.... the beach picture is fantastic, and warm. but i am a sucker for a dad and his punkins...

January 16, 2012 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys. When they finally find it. They don't know what to do with it.

Your girls are looking gorgeous, Mr UB. Knockouts.

January 16, 2012 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

daisy: The kids are great but it's 17 degrees this morning and I'd give my left nut to be typing this from a beach right now.

dolce: I found it, didn't know what to do with it and lost it. Hope the girls end up with girlfriends. I don't want any scuzzy guys comig around here.

January 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures-If I were those guys I would have fallen off. It made me dizzy just watching it-can you imagine smoking one before they start their job?
MT

January 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM  
Anonymous looby said...

Isn't it always very striking when one sees a photograph of someone you only read?

January 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

MT: Good point. How to you work with your face pressed against that? Can you imagine how bright it must be at eye level?! I stare at my monitor too long and it gives me a headache.

sav: I like your footprint.

looby: For a REAL head-trip, meet up with someone and hear what their voice sounds like. It's crazy! Sometimes, there's a foreign accent attached to it.

January 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger mapstew said...

Man I don't do heights!

Great pics, could do with some beach time meself! :¬)

January 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I have a foreign accent UB?

January 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger The Unbearable Banishment said...

map: Close your eyes. Concentrate. Presto! You're on the beach!

nurse: Yes. Foreign and elegantly charming.

January 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM  
Blogger mapstew said...

Know what? Yer right! I can be at the beach in less than an hour if I drive carefully (GEDDEFUCKOUDAMYWAY!), and it don't have to be in the +temps to enjoy! :¬)

January 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Bravo! The top one looks like a David Hockney painting.
You have a look of the young Fonz:)

January 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home