The Unbearable Banishment: !!!AWAKE!!!

Monday, July 21, 2008

!!!AWAKE!!!

I went to sleep at 10:00 last night, woke up at midnight and have been up ever since. It doesn’t occur often enough to be considered an ongoing problem but it does happen on occasion. I’m scheduled for a workout at 5:00 and a meditation class from 7:00-9:00 p.m. There’s a fine line between being filled with meditative light and being passed out cold and I think I’m going to cross that line tonight.

* * *

During a portion of my train ride into the city we pass over a bridge that stretches across the entrance to Raritan River. It’s a pretty view, particularly at the hour I travel because I get to watch the sun come up on the Atlantic Ocean. The river is dotted with dozens of anchored sailboats, all of the occupants presumably still asleep. Everybody has problems, right? Nobody escapes the difficulties that are inherent in the human condition. But I wonder what the people inside those sailboats, gently bobbing in the morning tide, consider to be “problems?” How hard can life possibly be for them?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the people in those sailboats are smart, they are worried about drowning. "First Law of Leak Detection"? "Everything leaks". Damn. what's wrong with those people?

July 23, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home