The Unbearable Banishment: what’r ya doin’ on new years eve?

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

what’r ya doin’ on new years eve?

Well, if I could do anything I wanted, I’d go here:

Imagine that! And B.B. King’s is on 42nd Street, just a half block from where the big ball drops. What a night! It’ll be complete pandemonium.

You might think that Chuck Berry is to too old to rock, but I saw Jerry Lee Lewis right after he had triple bypass surgery and he was fantastic. Saw Roy Orbison before he died and he was great, too. Those old geezers have been at it for such a long time that giving a high-quality performance is part of their nature. It's the same way with the Rolling Stones.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~E said...

Wow...I thought Chuck Berry was dead! Shows how much I know!

November 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

Not sure what I'll be doing on New Years ...

November 19, 2008 at 4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would love to see Chuck B before he's gone... but i'll likely be running a 5k "resolution" run. gotta lose the chubb... (sigh)

November 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home