The Unbearable Banishment: <i>home. home again. i like to be here when i can.</i>

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

home. home again. i like to be here when i can.

I'm finally back from Ohio. A worry has not been laid to rest, but the momentum to solve the problem has been created. It was a successful trip but becuase I have so many dragons to slay here in the metro New York/New Jersey area, I couldn't stay another day. Plus, I missed all my girls.

* * *

While in Cleveland, Mr. Z and I were lucky enough to see Rock-a-Billy Godfather Robert Gordon and legendary guitar player Chris Spedding at the fabulous Beachland Ballroom and Tavern. Here they are then (circa 1977)...


and now...


They were fantastic, as always. Are you anywhere near as cool as they are? No, you are not. Pop over and listen to the three songs posted on Robert's MySpace page. Fire was written for him by Bruce Springsteen but the song was robbed, ruined and a big hit for the Pointer Sisters. If you only have time to listen to one song, listen to The Way I Walk. He opened with it on Saturday night. That song is a dark, evil night, baby! Turn it up good and loud. You'll thank me later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home